Our visit from Teddy went very well and his owners picked him up Sunday night. He was with us for 8 days and though he had settled in nicely, he was THRILLED when his family returned!
Well, due to an unfortunate turn of events, Teddy has returned for another stay at the Kinney Kennel! He had a busy three days with his owners, though, and now sports a snazzy new haircut and a cute scarf around his neck! He does smell much better, too :-)
On another note, Mariah played a really good basketball game yesterday and managed to score 5 points! She is the shortest one on the team again this year, so there are some challenges, but what she lacks in height she makes up for in spunk and speed. So far they are 3 for 4 with more than 1/2 the season left to play.
Next week starts the Quiz Bowl season at school. I am the coach and my team consists of eight students, including Alex. We practice three times a week, but ultimately it will depend not on our practices, but on what the kids already know. Our practices help them have an idea of the types of questions that may be asked and how the matches are played. I have never coached this before and it's been 6-7 years since I've even watched one, so I have many things to learn, too!
The last thing that has been occupying my time as of late is the school yearbook. I am the adviser for that this year, and again, have never done this before! There is quite a learning curve with this as it involves learning how to use the computer program and some other computer applications that are new to me. I've decided to make some changes in how the yearbook is laid out, so it involves a little less of the kids help and probably more of the adviser's time. If I do this again next year I will be able to begin teaching the students how to do this, where as right now I'm still learning it myself. It is so different from when I did it in high school! None of what we did then was on a computer, since computers hadn't really taken off yet for private use! My, how a couple decades can change the world.....................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mariah the waitress
Mariah the waitress
1 comment:
Good luck with your yearbook project! I hate learning new stuff on the computer...there's so much out there, it just makes my head swim!
Post a Comment