
Ahhh......school's finally back in session! It's been a nice break from homework, but we really need our routines back.
This last week has been a little busy and the weekend was non-stop running. One would think I'd had enough after all that, but after the kids left this morning I had the bug to go shopping so I took off to see what sales there might be. I found a pair of shoes I'd been watching for a long time and they were really marked down, yea! I ended up paying full price, though, for a pair of slippers. I like a particular type and couldn't find them anywhere for less so I figured I should get them before they are all gone. I wear an XL (size 10!) and they seem to sell out fast. Didn't find any tennis shoes for Alex though. I'm going to have to make a run to Janesville at the end of this week or beginning of next week and have a better variety of stores to check out.
Alex and Ethan had an awesome time at the winter camp in Montello, WI that they attended over break for five days. Some years there isn't any snow, but that was not the problem this year! Thankfully camp ended right before we got a bitter cold spell so they had snow and great temperatures.
Speaking of temperatures.......it's 59 degrees right now! We've had thunder and lightening this afternoon. Yesterday set a new record high of 60. Most all of our snow is gone and now we are under a flood watch. It smells like spring outside. I guess this is our January thaw! Back to reality tomorrow with forecasts of snow and more normal temps.
Mariah has decided to play on the girl's basketball team at school this year and is at the first practice right now. She will be a little tuckered out tonight I'm sure! She has never done an organized sport before, but I'm sure it will work fine.
The picture is one my cousin emailed to me over the weekend. My mom isn't sure when or where it was taken, but I'm guessing 1970 or 1971 based on the size/age of Bruce. It's interesting to see me and my siblings at that age and to be able to compare each of us with our kids. There definitely are similarities!
Just had a call that we may be under a tornado warning. Better check things out. I guess really warm temps aren't such a good thing this time of year!
No comments:
Post a Comment