Friday, September 5, 2008

Welcome home!

Ahhh! My baby's back home! We met a friend 1/2 way between here and Madison tonight and picked up Ethan. It's been a week and a half since we've seen him, but we've talked or emailed most days. I think we are talking more now than when he lived here!

His classes are going well. There are over 300 in his Chemistry and Calculus classes, but only 60 in his Hebrew class. He really enjoys the Hebrew and likes the instructor. He showed me a little of the writing he is learning and it sure looks Greek to me! Ha!

School is off to a good start and the kids had their first tests today. It seems to be taking a little longer to get back into the swing of school this year. I guess maybe Labor Day this week messed up the routine a little. Next week we should really get into our groove.

I've been able to work as much as I've wanted so far since school resumed. I'm working in the library with the new librarian reorganizing the whole room. The previous librarian was one of the most knowledgeable people I've ever met, but wasn't overly organized, so after 6-7 years the room was in sore need of a good overhaulin'! I was able to train the new gal on the in-house computer system so now while she works on getting new books processed and ready to shelve, I'm sorting and "reading" the shelves to make sure books are in numerical order and moving around a lot of them to make the room flow properly and have books in more logical order. School open house is in a week and a half so we are hoping to have it looking majorly different by then!

I'm not getting too far with painting the garage. I worked on it Monday until I ran out of paint and then it's rained or I've been too busy since we got more to complete the job. Hopefully Sunday will be nice enough to work on it some more!

Birthday wishes this week to my niece, Mia who is 10, my "niece and nephew", Jamie and Nicholas, who are 3 and 1 respectively, my father-in-law, Ken, who turned 69, and my friend, Rod, who thankfully will always be older than me :) !

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:




Mariah the waitress

Mariah the waitress


Mariah the waitress