Sunday, September 13, 2009

Time to play catch up!

Well I was reminded yesterday that I haven't updated my blog is quite some time so here we go with a recap of the last month or so. Unfortunately I got the pictures loaded in the reverse order of events so here we are from newest to oldest!

It is back to school time and our tradition is to take the kids pictures on the front porch before they head out for the first day. Even though Ethan is off for his second year of college I was still able to get him to humor me and pose for another picture. Josh on the other hand, hasn't let me get one the last couple years! I've got to keep working on that! He's in school so there should be a first day picture of him!


Alex and Mariah look like they are really ready and excited for the school year to begin!




I love this picture of Ken and my little nephew chillin' out on the last night of my sister's families visit. Just two guys hanging out......



The last night of my sister's visit we were blessed to have Mom and Dad over too for food, fun, and pictures!


Of course you need a few pictures of my little sister's family by themselves! Please forget there is a balding head in the bottom of this picture. We won't go into who it may belong to!




Photos were looked at and reminisced over.......



Scrabble games were played......Many Scrabble games were played.....But not by me. I don't like to lose....and I always do when these three get together to play!



Grandpa was talked into making fishing poles so that the girls could go and fish in the creek. Not much was biting except the mosquitoes.



Ah, the family homestead! So many memories of growing up here! I don't think my brother-in-law is this much taller than my dad. The yard is on more of an incline than it looks like in this picture!



Has anyone ever had an air mattress that didn't spring a leak while you were sleeping on it? Poor Ken woke up flat on the floor the first night! My wonderful brother-in-law spent quite a bit of time finding and fixing the leak for us. Thank you!!



And then there was the wildlife! Of course there were frogs! Oh, so many frogs. I wonder how many more years my niece and daughter will enjoy playing with them before they are deemed "gross". At least for this year they were still fun to catch. Now the mole on the other hand, was not such a welcome visitor!



I just love my nephew's smile! It lights up his whole face! We have had this little tractor and wagon stored away for little people to use when they visit and my nephew was just the perfect size this year to test it out.



Then came the food! I've never cooked ribs before so we tried it one night and it turned out pretty good. We did a lot of eating...and eating......and eating. No calories when you have company, right?!



Of course it rained while we had company. That just means you get to play in the puddles! Where my sister's family lives they don't get much rain so this was kind of a novelty for my nephew. I am very pleased that he is so color coordinated with his accessories.



Yup...more frogs. This was a major part of our summer. I think it was a plague. I found another one this morning. Though I must say I will take the frogs over the snakes any day! For my readers who don't like snakes, I refrained from posting the picture of the big one we found sunning on the pool deck!

Well that pretty much catches you up on the last month and I'll try to stay a little more current! :-)

No comments:




Mariah the waitress

Mariah the waitress


Mariah the waitress