Monday, February 11, 2008

A carbon copy of last week?

If I recall correctly we got dumped on snow wise last Tuesday and it would appear we are in for another round tonight and into tomorrow. For what seems like ages now, we get snow on Monday or Tuesday and then bitter cold on the weekend.

The interstate north of here experienced horrible backups this past week. Josh works with a guy that lives in Stoughton (about 45 minutes from here) and last Wednesday it took him 13 hours to get home! We "only" got 9" of snow, but they got around 18" in that area. He got stuck in the mess on I- 90. Yesterday turned out to be bad on that same stretch of road with it being closed in both directions. Josh's girlfriend was due to go home, but after reading an email in the morning from a friend in Madison about the big back-up there I asked Brittney to stay another night and head home today, which she did.

I thought I would have all day today to catch up from the busy weekend but got a last minute call to work for a couple hours in the middle of the day. Not my favorite shift because it messes up the morning when I'm the most productive! It worked out fine though as I had planned to do laundry all day but the cold water line is again frozen shut to the washer! I managed to do a load of sheets which need hot anyway, but the rest will have to wait til the temps come up again.

Since I had a little time on my hands in the afternoon I did another scholarship application before starting the Chicken Pot Pie for dinner. Some applications are very quick to fill out and others seems to want your life story-in essay form!

Mariah has her basketball tournament this week. Seems hard to have a tournament when 5 of the 8 regular season games were canceled due to weather!

Tomorrow will be my day to run errands and get groceries if we don't get too much snow. The school cook already asked me to cook breakfast if we get very much snow overnight. Now I won't sleep well wondering if I'm going to get a phone call at 5am!

No comments:




Mariah the waitress

Mariah the waitress


Mariah the waitress