Thursday, November 13, 2008

Peanuts anyone?

Saturday night we had a few couples over for a potluck and cards. Now that the days are shorter we tend to do this on a more regular basis, or at least are hoping to this year! I remembered a card game called Peanuts that Ken and I used to play with friends over 15 years ago and thought it would be fun to do again. It's like playing Solitaire, but with other people! It can get really intense and was a lot of fun! Since then our family has been hooked on that game and have played a few rounds every night! Ken is so fast at it though, that for Alex, Mariah, and I to have a fighting chance at winning he now has to play with only one hand. We even made him close one eye for a round or two! Believe it or not, he managed to win with only one hand! Our other favorite new game is Bananagrams which is a word game where you use tiles like the ones in Scrabble to make words and you have to do them in crossword puzzle like fashion. We've done a round or two of this most nights after dinner. It's great for helping the kids with spelling. I have more of a fighting chance of winning this game against Ken!

No comments:




Mariah the waitress

Mariah the waitress


Mariah the waitress