Yes, Dad is home! He was released from the hospital last night. It was determined that he was improving rapidly enough to skip the rehab centers and be home and on outpatient therapy instead. I would not have agreed to that before yesterday. I'm thankful that the dr kept him in the hospital as long as he did. Other wise he would have been moved to rehab for a day or two and then home and that would have been more disruptive. It was nice that they only changed his room within the CCU and he never changed floors.
He is still very unstable balance wise. He is using a walker right now and is ok with that. We have been told that it will be harder for him to regain his balance than his strength, so the physical therapy will center mostly on developing that balance again. He can't drive right now so his travels will be curtailed a bit. Mom doesn't like driving at night so they may not travel around quite as much for awhile!
It was also discovered that dad has an under active thyroid and he was given a prescription for medication to help with that. I will have to research that a bit and see if there is an alternative therapy to medication to correct that and what the symptoms of under active thyroid are. Maybe it would explain some of Dad's unusual discomforts!
It was so nice to have a regular day today with the usual mundane chores of laundry, cleaning, cooking and some shopping. After spending almost a week in the hospital from 9-9 I'll take mundane anytime! Pass the wine-my glass is empty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mariah the waitress
Mariah the waitress
2 comments:
Wow, I'm glad he's home! I haven't been online much lately, so I didn't realize he'd even fallen until I just checked in here. I hope he continues to improve quickly!
Thanks for the words of encouragement and most importantly, the prayers! He is so much better now than when he first fell, but still a long ways from where he was before and that is frustrating him.
Post a Comment