So today was a really busy day and our original plan was to end up at some friend's house with the younger kids for dinner and the evening. Well, we didn't get as much done as soon as we thought we would and ended up deciding that we would have to forgo the dinner away so we could keep cruisin' on projects here tonight. I forgot that I had told Josh and Ethan that they could have friends over for a steak fry and that we would be out for the evening.
I get this call while I'm at the 4-H fair judging and it's Josh wondering when our plans changed and why didn't we call and notify him that we were going to be home?!! Just whose house is it, anyway I'm thinking?! :) He recovered just fine and when I arrived home my kitchen was full of 7 young adults trying to run my Food Saver marinater, make the marinade (they did good), make pies, shuck corn, and I think dirty most of the dishes in my kitchen!! They were laughing and having a good time and I thoroughly enjoyed sharing the kitchen while I cooked our dinner of hamburgers, fresh sweet corn and tomatoes. Josh even offered me some of the pie they made! I think he's over being upset by the change of plans :)
Mariah got a blue ribbon in 4-H for her Chewy Granola Bars for her cooking project and also for her clay picture frame she made for Visual Arts. Al got his woodworking project done just as we walked out the door to go to judging and managed to get a blue ribbon also!! He made a bee observation box that we hope to be actually able to use some time. It's like watching an ant farm, only with honey bees! I sure don't like finishing up the projects on the day they're due. Maybe next year will be better. Hmmm...........I think I say that every year..............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mariah the waitress
Mariah the waitress
No comments:
Post a Comment